Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Im planning on getting an SCT flash. But what the hell do I need to tell the person Im getting it from!? I have a few upgrades, and plan on getting stage 1 cams. How does the thing work, where does it go? Any suggestion on what I should get to get better acceleration, and more HP!? Ive had a hard time getting staight information from anyone, or even websites promoting the product. Any information will be helpful. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
It "flashes" (reprograms) your computer chip. Earlier focus's could have their chips completley replaced, we have to get ours reprograms. The ECU is behind the kick panel on the passenger side (below the glove box)

The flash can do anything ya want its custom done

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
O, tell the vendor you're etting the SCT from, the mods you have, what you want accomplished with the flash, etc. They should be able to understand what you're saying and what would be best for your goals. I'm sure they can also tell you specifics of how to use it, and I'd imagine it has some sort of instructions too.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I remember seeing the focus sport web site with a fairly good rundown of all the things that the reflash can do. That might help give you a good idea of what things you can accomplish with a reflash.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey Snap,
I just emailed Walter about the same thing. I will let you know what he has to say about the system. I plan on getting the SCT XCAL2 from him by the end of the week. I will let you know how my experience goes with the ordering process!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bones, sounds good. Thanks every one for the input I have a better idea of whats up with the flash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts