Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After long thought and debate over whether or not I should do this, I finally figured out how I wanted it to look, and just did it. I thought doing it body-colored would look best, and I wanted it subtle, but unique. I am very pleased with the results. Tell me what you think. Oh, and I also have updated pics of my car in the ZX5 Gallery. [headbang]

I painted all of the vent surrounds, including the corner vents, painted the radio face (around the buttons), the piece that surrounds the radio and HVAC controls, the coin/ash tray face, and parts of the gauge cluster bezel (I left part of it black so light wouldn't reflect on the guages). I have received nothing but compliments on it, but geez what a pain in the rear it was to do... lol. First, I had to try and find a color that was very close to the Liquid Gray, and came in a spray can. (If any of you care, it's Plasti-Kote car color, #CC9087... not exact, but close) Remove all pieces, sand to roughen, wash, air dry, 2-3 coats of primer, wet sand, air dry, 2-3 coats of color, wet sand, air dry, 2-3 coats of clear. Let dry several days, then a little polishing compound and 2 coats of Meguir's Gold Class paste wax. I would say it was well worth the effort.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
see...that i like, nice and simple...and no clashing

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I really like that. It's not too bright and flashy (like others I have seen) and looks good. You did a great job, Heather[thumb]

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
not to take away from how cool it is but what did u paint? i can't see anything different

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Umm... I think I covered this already... LOL

LiquidGrayZX5 said:
I painted all of the vent surrounds, including the corner vents, painted the radio face (around the buttons), the piece that surrounds the radio and HVAC controls, the coin/ash tray face, and parts of the gauge cluster bezel (I left part of it black so light wouldn't reflect on the guages).
The fact that you can't tell what I did makes me happy, because I didn't want it to be overly obnoxious. Just a little hint of color, a little shine, a custom interior that is noticeable, but not loud, and is obvious to those who know Focus interiors. This approach would not work on all exterior colors. Sangria Red would be a little loud... and that Periwinkle color... ugh... LOL

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
id rather wait and see it in person[thumb]

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
those were the Kona gauges, they come on all the 2003+ i believe too

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
[:D]

love it !!!

will soon do that to mine...
OR silver...
still indicided...

Joel

·
Registered
17 Posts
that looks great - and was exactly what i was thinking about doing, but i'm too lazy. perfect for liquid greys. and how the hell did you paint the cd player (did the piece come off or something?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Yeah those were the stock gauges on all 03's.

Looks good Liquid, although I must say from the pictures it looks alot like my stock interior.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the compliments. Yeah, I did it all myself. I am quite handy when I put my mind to it, lol.

Pictures really don't do it justice, I can't seem to capture the gloss or the sparkle with my digital camera. Like I said, I am pleased with it, and I am very picky when it comes to my car.

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
Glad you like it, came out well.
I can't imagine doing all that work and then have it come out looking like a$$. hehe....
I was so worried, actually horrified, to look here cuz I thought you were gonna show us your interior painted bright neon yellow or pink or something outrageous!

[screwy] [hihi]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts