Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, where to begin?

I guess I can start with that my clutch pedal squeeks everytime I push it in and let off while it's in gear. I took it to ford and since they "adjusted" the clutch cable, it's been squeeking. With out taking it to ford, what is there I can do to fix that.

Second, on more than a thousand occations, it's hard to get my car into gear. I have to kinda roll from 2 to 1 to get it in properly and if I shift hard into 3rd, it'll grind going into gear. I took it to Ford for that situation and they didn't fix it.

Third, it's starting to vibrate pretty bad. At idle at a light or something, she wants to shake pretty bad.

There's alot more, but we'll just start with this [;)].

I'm a lil rough on her, but I'm not pounding the shit out of it. Is there anything that I can do WITHOUT taking it to a dealer. Cause EVERYTIME I take to a dealer they give the run around like you wouldn't believe and nothing gets done. I've gone to 2 different Fords and they pull this stupid shit.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
dang bro, that sucks, I hope someone can figure it out because something just isn't right.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
3rd gear syncro is notorious for going out in the focus. they'll try to tell you that you aren't pushing your clutch in farthenough. but just get it in before the warranty is up.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Throw out bearing, had the squeak noise in my old zx3 and that was the problem. New clutch and throwout bearing and all was good.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
mileage?

have you changed out the MTX fluid for XS-M5-QS tranny fluid?
It's expensive, but does wonders for shift improvement...

I've also had less problems getting it into gear, except during cold mornings on some occasions.

jiggle the shifter from 3rd to 4th gear and it'll find it's spot...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
in my moms zx2 it always mini-grinds every time i shift hard into third gear

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 17,000 miles

How do you change out the tranny fluid. I know the oil, but not the tranny [:p]

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Trav-E2.0 said:
I have 17,000 miles

How do you change out the tranny fluid. I know the oil, but not the tranny [:p]
A little soon for needing a tranny fluid change, (depending on how you drive, this may be beneficial however)

two plugs, one at the bottom, one at the top.

Remove the upper fill plug, located in the front of the tranny, half way up, close to the battery box. Bottom plug is facing the passanger side on the bottom.

You'll need a hose/funnel, or purchase the tranny fill hose from napa/autozone for $5.

It has a valve and cap that attaches to just about all transmission fluid bottles, and you feed the end of the hose into the fill plug, and release the valve.
Make sure the fluid flows freely, and empty the contents of 2 quarts into the tranny after draining the oil fluid into a bucket and sending off to hazardous waste.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I used to have a squeeky clutch, then I installed my sub, and components.
I have no idea if It still squeeks, I assume it does.
The squeekyness is no long audible (over the music).

perhaps, some white lithium spray? I'll try that tomorrow and let you know if that works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts