Focus Fanatics Forum banner

alright boys! gimme the hardware

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  norcalfocus01 
#1 ·
here's what i have. 2000 ford focus zx3 zetec motor. wanna know what to do without going in to the internals. lookin for basic bolt ons to pull some ponies. i have a custom 3in. intake, full exhaust 2 1/2in with cat, no muffler. fuel pressure regulator, accel coil pack, biiger wires and ngk plugs. pacesetter header that now has a leak. i'm not really sure how much power i'm losing because of it but its a really bad leak. short throw shifter. that's about it. with this set up i ate an svt with intake and exhaust too third gear from a dig at the track. budget is 500 bucks so let me hear some opinions

#5 ·
i had a buddy with a boosted 240sx that had it and he blew the motor and put a 350 in it but he just up and gave me his fpr and we put it on lol. i know your asking because those have a return but i dont remember what we did but its on and it works. also i hear all this talk about the svt header but i have no idea where to get everything i need to run that setup. if you happen to have any or have a link to where i can get everything that would be great. also what all goes into installing that header?

#14 ·
I call BS on beating out a SVT with those mods. If you did the SVT driver sucked ass.

The zetec is never going to be a NA monster with just bolt ons. Even with every single bolt on including cams and a dyno tune you'll be lucky to break 180whp.

With that budget either get boosted or

SVT header/ORP/Flex
New intake depending on what your "custom" 3" intake is
65mm throttle body
ported intake manifold
cams
clutch and light weight flywheel
new final drive if your really into drag racing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.