Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to get these speakers for $55/pair compared to the regular $105/pair at Best Buy.

this is the link to the speakers i am talking about

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...99401&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1199494646535

i know they are not the best, but are they good for the money ?

Also i wouldnt mind going with Pioneers around the same price, or anything else, except i didnt see many 5x7s or 6x8s at Best Buy.

Im gonna run them off a Sony 4 channel amp that does 55 watts RMS per channel and supposedly 150 Peak per channel (not that it matters), and I will put new wiring from the amp since it doesnt seem too hard on the Focus, and i dont trust that much power going through the stock wiring.

And also, if anyone can direct me to a place where i could get a highpass filter or two since i really cant find any anywhere (do they even make them for auto sound ?)

Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
i would buy them, sounds like a good deal thats like 50% off,...i bet you wont be disapointed since you aint using to much power so you will be fine.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright thanks

if anyone wants to add i would appreciate it

also what gauge wire should i use is 18 gauge fine or should i use 16 gauge for amp to speaker

·
Registered
240 Posts
you gonna mount the amp in the rear right??if so i would go with 16 or a little thicker since its kinda far but you should be fine with 16 g

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
i got an alpine type E for $40 new and an using the alpine MRP-M500 campared to some its small but pounds good to me im happy with it(got the amp for 260)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im probably going to mount it in the back since i have the 12v/ground/remote wires hooked up still and sitting in the trunk (dont worry the ends are insulated)

i thought for the longest time that having a loud subwoofer would be cool but then realized that its annoying, and ruins your car by making everything rattle, even without music

now i just want something of better quality, close to my sound system in my house

ill probably end up obsessing over this, with sound deadening and all that stuff, but oh well

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have Alpine's Type-S 6 1/2" components in my Toyota and they sound great for being $100 and running off an Alpine h/u.

I would go with the Alpine's than the Pioneer's. The Alpine's will have better bass response and just as much in the high end.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
That's a good price on them. The new models will be out shortly, but the SPS-507 is the most current one that is our right now (that I know of at least).

That price is very close to cost on those speakers at the store I worked at.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Sorry...forgot to add, they are good speakers for the price, even at full retail pricing. They were a huge improvement over the last years model of the Type-S, and have good vocal quality and decent bass too.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Alpine Type S speakers are great on a budget. I've heard many good things about them

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
I liked mine. However go with memphis. They are much better and easier on the wallet also.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have them installed in my Focus. Great speakers for the cost. I eventually planned on replacing them with Type-R's, but they sound decent enough that I've been able to put that project off for awhile.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts