Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Personally I'm a HK Fan so that's why I bought the Infinity Kappa's. But you'll need something to balance out the high's with them like a sub. The 682.9CF's don't really have much when it comes to lows as most Infinity's don't.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Alpines will likely have a little more laid back/smooth sounding top end, due to the silk dome tweeter.

The infinity set has metal dome tweeters which I always found as harsh or too aggressive.

The infinity is also a 2 ohm set. generating more heat from the amplifier/ cd player. I never liked the idea of 2 ohm on a stock or after market CD player.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Alpine Type R 10 or 12 plus Kappa 682.9cf's FTW.

All my audio endeavors are gradually going the Infinity way. Home system consists of Infinity bookshelvers and a PS212 sub going from an Onkyo amp, and I liked those so much I got the 682.9cf's for the ride. Still need to install them (and get my faceplate back from the shop that took it out for some reason...), but if they're anything like the P152's I have indoors (and they should be better), I'm anticipating happiness. Never been a huge fan of the Alpine speaker lineup, although I love Type R's and X's for low end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts