Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to redo my stereo for quite some time, but now it's one of my priorities (2 blown speakers).

Anyways, I'm looking at getting new speakers, sub and amp (would like to go with a dual amp setup this time). My amplifier (Soundstream Van Gogh 800.5) is HUGE and takes up most of the space in my hatch. I'd like to find something smaller, but also puts out lots of power (preferably more than my current amp).

The things I like about these amps (Alpine PDX) is that they are small, stack, and would fit under the passenger seat (gonna have to see if 2 will fit stacked) - which means more room in the hatch.

I'm curious if anybody has read or heard anything about these amps - other than they are expensive. I have heard they are a great amp in a small package with a big price tag. Maybe somebody has an alternative that will fit under the seats, however I want an amplifier to power a sub and an amplifier to power my speakers.

*I'd like to apologize in advance if anybody asks a question - I work 60+ hours Mon-Fri*

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
You are right in saying that they are good, small amps that are pricey. I'm not sure that you would be able to fit two of them under the seat though, one most likely will fit, but two is doubtful, but you would have to measure it of course. I think for you situation Tim, the PDX amps are the way to go, even if you cannot fit both under the passenger seat. Anything else that I could possibly answer for you Tim?

BTW, what are you considering for the rest of your system?

Mike

·
Registered
745 Posts
i got an eclipse model 1000 amp i think its like 700watts its pretty nice...cost $300 at circuit city but it works well with my mtx sledgehammer 10' sub

1 - 3 of 3 Posts