Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed an Alpine IVA-W200 last weekend and it's REALLY nice. The iPod interface is great. Sounds awesome. Pretty easy install with a double-din trim kit from Scosche (FD1426B) and wiring harness also from Scosche (FD23B). I grabbed a two switch part from radio shack to use instead of the foot brake and parking brake. I just put the switches on long wires and hide it in the glove box - so there's no limit on when I can use the display.

This is in a ZX3 SE with the standard single CD MP3 headunit and stock speakers. The Alpine gives you better control with a parametric bass and treble control.

Anyone know if I could add the OEM steering wheel audio controls to my car? That would be a nice add on, even if I have to use a PAC interface box.

Not sure what more to say. I think some people (including me) have been wanting to see what one of these looks like in a Focus, that's why I'm posting. Looks awesome, sounds awesome, great interface with Pulse Touch.

Let me know if you have questions. I could take more pics of the actual iPod interface if someone is dying to see it. There's a video of it on the Alpine site that's pretty much all you need though.

iPod Interface:

Watching South Park:

·
Registered
759 Posts
pretty awsome

what was the price tag?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Head unit was right around $1000. iPod cable was $30. Mounting stuff from Scosche was about $20 total.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
images not showing for me

That's a great unit, especially if you use the PXA-H701 processor with it. Connects via optical for audio, Ai-Net for control, and full 8ch or 5.1 DSP functions including 31-band EQs. [thumb]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Original post edited to hopefully fix the pictures. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One last try...if it still doesn't work then you can check them out in my gallery. Sorry.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I see that it has CD/DVD/MP3/AM/FM blah blah, but does this also have a bulit in TV tuner? or were yu just watchin South Park on DVD?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was South Park on DVD. Unfortunately there's no TV tuner. Alpine does sell an add-on tuner that you can connect via the aux input, but like all the other accessories, it's pretty expensive ($220 MSPR).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts