Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just got my first car ever a few days ago and yep it's a Focus. So far I love it and it's all I think about. However I want to add things to it, such as the Alpine 9857 head unit which would integrate my ipod with the car's stereo system and give me room to upgrade for later. I saw on some websites that the unit does not fit, and I'm just curious if anyone could give me a little info about this. I'm sure it probably needs filler and mounting brackets, etc. but I'd like to hear from other people who have done similar replacements already. Thanks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
It'll fit without a problem, since its a single din head unit. I see youve got an '06, so youll just need a mounting kit that'll convert that 2 din opening to a single din.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LLJbm6uonOz/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=120995808

theres a mounting kit from crutchfield, $15 isnt bad. Or if you buy the head unit from them, theyll throw it in for free. Welcome and I know what you mean when you say its all you think about [:D]

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have the controls on the steering wheel and would want to have those working with the head unit... I have never really done anything like this before so would I be better off having it professionally installed at bestbuy or tweeter or is it fairly easy to do yourself?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.