Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a friend with a 05 focus D-Tec that has its own smoke screen when u punch the gas it smokes the whole block out, and i also noticed that it has alot of oil in the tail pipe, the only thing i can think of is that oil is leaking into the cylinder from the head, has any one else had this problem or might now what the problem could be???????

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Check to see if there is oil in the intake, and check the oil level. Overfilling can cause the breather to allow oil to be sucked into the engine. It doesn't take much oil to cause a lot of smoke. I'd also check the spark plug tubes to see if the valve cover is leaking oil. Like I wrote, it doesn't take a lot of oil to make a lot of smoke. If he/she is experiencing smoke at startup, then it could be valve seals.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Open the throttle body and look down to the bottom. Bet there is a puddle of oil. Check the whole PCV system. It will suck oil in from the oil separator if the PCV valve is bad. I removed mine a long time ago. Because of that problem. Only happens on WFO throttle. (Wide F`n Open )

LOL. Man you type fast !!! ^^^^

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, i forgot to mention it is a duratec

1 - 7 of 7 Posts