Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well lastnight i finally fell asleep around 12:30-1.... at 2 am all of a sudden BAM BAM BAM "SHERIFFS DEPT. OPEN UP" door bell door bell, bang bang... i stumble naked to the door and unlock it and open it...

sheriff: you own the black ford hatch?
me: um yeah.....
me: why is it still there?
sheriff: for now, garage is on fire may wanna move it...
me: **jaw drops** turns and RUNS to bedroom, throws on pants finds shoes and runs outside half dressed holding my keys... yelling "shit shit shit" while zipping my pants up hop in my car and drive through smoke to get out and park away from the building.

so im standing around watching being a looky-loo

later, cops looking around because they think someone may be hiding looking in and around cars, look in my car with me standing near it... im like "noones in there i JUST moved it there"
cop: whys the interior all torn apart in your car
me: just doing some work on it
cop: .......ok, you sure?
me: yes officer i have all the pieces in my apartment if youd like to see

onto pictures...

pictures!!!!!

my garage space is the one RIGHT next to the fireman in the first photo on his right side... NOTICE THE SMOKE!

what a damn night

and to keep this SHOWROOM!! here are pics in said garage from a few weeks back

kinda relieved they figured out whos garage it was and who the car belonged to... but that was 2am... they didnt leave till like 4:30 and i wake up at 5:30 to get ready for my 8am class... SOOOooo no sleep for me lastnight ganna be a long ass day.... and the landlord was supposed to have maintenance put up my new garage door today, i dont think thats happening now [smackbum]

·
Registered
744 Posts
wow I'd say you have some good luck to get your focus out in time lol

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fun never ends for you eh?

I like how the arson case almost turned to a B&E...lol
yeah no shit im having a great week.... lol

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah thats nice of the Sheriffs dept, haha you owe them a big thank you. Glad to see nothing of yours got destroyed or damaged.

yeah i thanked him, he was the one i was BSin with... i feel bad for him since i answered the door holding just a pillow and when he said the words fire and your car i turned and ran... i think he saw a bit more then he wanted to [bootyshak

but yeah, i guess thank god they hadnt gotten my garage door fixed yet or my tool box, tons of tools and other stuff would have been in there and LOCKED...

i still dont know how they figured it was my car, the garage door is numbered, but you cant pull the door down... so i duno

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
wow glad to hear the fire department is on their game, that could have been really bad....thats a nightmare of mine

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
wow man that was close, glad to see that no one was hurt and the focus is still in its prime condition. what was the cause of the fire?

·
WOOT!!!
1,408 Posts
thats a close one!! good thing nothing happened..

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow man that was close, glad to see that no one was hurt and the focus is still in its prime condition. what was the cause of the fire?
cause of the fire is under investigation, when i left for class today the SP arson investigation unit was there... there was another apartment complex not to far from me that lost a whole garage structure (2 2 car garages, and all 4 vehicles and all contents in them)... so they got to us a lil late but STILL saved a lot, luckily nothing was in either of the garages burned down in my complex, but it was 3/4" of drywall away from a garage full of gas, diesel and other HIGHLY flammable substances...

i consider myself and everyone around me VERY lucky it didnt get through the drywall....

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
wow.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Yipes! That could have been real bad.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
wow that sucks man good thing it wasnt your garage

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, its a mess now and they are going to start repairing either today or tomorrow... main reason im pissed is this pushes back my garage door getting fixed... its been 2 months and still never got fixed... grrrr

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
wow dude, at least your black beauty is still intact.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i wouldnt say beauty but thanks... yeah cops got ahold of me and i got it out.... though there is absolutely NO damage to my unit it would have had hardcore smoke damage if the car was still in the garage much longer....

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Very lucky!

·
Registered
5 Posts
All well and good that the fire left your garage untouched but the smell of smoke can remain in a cars interior for weeks, glad to see it escaped unscathed.

I hope they catch the little scroats before they wreck someone elses day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts