Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been vigorously stalking this site for about a month, reading your posts and looking at your cars, I apologize for nothing. I had been driving a 2003 Acura RSX TypeS with 203k miles and while it was still a good car it needed to find a new home for some kid and his dad to fix up and get speeding tickets with too. After reading all of the great info on here I started the long and "extremely fun" search for the perfect Focus. I went back and forth for what seemed like months searching the internet at work (upside it actually looked like I was working), wading through a proverbial sea of sterling candy, oxford tuxedos, and racy rubies.

Then it happened...

The cloud servers parted and the Sterling Gray metal Goddess appeared!

I had been looking mainly at used 2012-2104 but after using Truecar.com (recommended by a user here) I got a notification from a dealer out in Sealy TX, a little town about 50 miles outside of Houston. They had this brand new beauty with the options and trim I had been searching for but couldn't find with the used selection in the great Houston area and they had it for the price of the used cars I had been considering. Needless to say I went out today, test drove her, and an hour later I took her home.

So long story short, my name is Graham, I'm from Houston and I just bought a new 2014 Sterling Grey Metallic Focus SE. Rolled off the lot with 19 sexy miles on her.

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
ahh i remember when I first got my hatch.. coming up on 3 years this February. great car!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the Forum [welcome] [ffrocks] [loveff]

You should try and make it to some of our meets. There is autocross this Sunday at the Gulf Greyhound Park on the SE side of town. Some of us will be there.
I would love to but I have to work Sunday, I work for this little start up TV company called Fox Sports Net, maybe you've heard of it. But I have to be at work to watch the Superbowl, you know, to make sure nothing bad happens. Its a hard life, I know. [:)]

Thanks for the warm welcome. If there are any Saturday autox I could make those.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Like the writing, and that first picture is a great angle.

Welcome to FF!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like the writing, and that first picture is a great angle.

Welcome to FF!

Thanks, I look forward to contributing to the site. Looking at doing my first mod: Green drop in filter and that sneaky snorkel delete.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Yeah, you've been doing your reading here.

Not the sexiest improvement, just one of the best.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Welcome Graham! See you around the forums!! Welcome to the focus family.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
...I went back and forth for what seemed like months searching the internet at work (upside it actually looked like I was working), wading through a proverbial sea of sterling candy, oxford tuxedos, and racy rubies.

Then it happened...

The cloud servers parted and the Sterling Gray metal Goddess appeared!

...So long story short, my name is Graham, I'm from Houston and I just bought a new 2014 Sterling Grey Metallic Focus SE. Rolled off the lot with 19 sexy miles on her.
Please tell me you're a writer, at least as a hobby. :D

Welcome to the forum! I'll be around for any questions you may have.

Meagan

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello Graham and welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you here. Your car looks awesome! What are your plans on this beauty?
I plan to mod it but I want to keep it looking stock with visual enhancements that make people look twice to say "that is a damn good looking stock car and the large bearded man driving it isn't bad either."

Please tell me you're a writer, at least as a hobby. :D ....Meagan
When the mood strikes...[:D]

·
Registered
646 Posts
I plan to mod it but I want to keep it looking stock with visual enhancements that make people look twice to say "that is a damn good looking stock car and the large bearded man driving it isn't bad either."

aftermarket headlights (black) or st2/3's would really make it pop. Then maybe replace the chrome fog bezels with black ones and it would surely stand out more, but it would still have a stock look.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

aftermarket headlights (black) or st2/3's would really make it pop. Then maybe replace the chrome fog bezels with black ones and it would surely stand out more, but it would still have a stock look.
I was planning on getting these.
http://www.carid.com/2014-ford-focus-headlights/spec-d-halo-led-projector-headlights-17797168.html

And them something similar to these.
http://www.carid.com/2014-ford-focus-taillights/spec-d-led-tail-lights-30585231.html

I also want to plasti dip the fog bezel and the chrome strip in the grill.

Great minds... [cheers]

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts