Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
those look like euro spec MKII lights (and they are from GB). they look similar to our 05+ lights, but they're still different.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
It says its from the UK, so I'm guessing they fit the new european foci, which have a very similar shape to their headlights. That would be awsome for 05+ owners if they did fit though. They look pretty cool. Very similar to my halo projector headlights that I have.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
ya i was searching ebay and found these and thought, "now if they can make prjector headlight and angel eyes headlights for the 05+ focus in europe why can't they make them for ours[dunno] ...they are basically the same shape except theirs are more rounded"...

·
Registered
81 Posts
if it is for a european focus, it WILL NOT fit our north american cousin. Someone tried it already, and it didnt work. Sorry guys, I am just as dissappointed as you.

Mike

·
Registered
186 Posts
yes.. I can't wait for the 05-06 aftermarket projector headlights too. I have painted my headlight black to match my body color. Damn.. it looks great!!!..
really awesome from far.. I have also painted the emblem black.. and u can't really tell it is a focus from the first glance. Even if you can, it will make you turn your head and double confirm what you have just seen!. hehehee

I have also tinted my windows black (5%).. it is awesome!.. I'm thinking of changing the tail lights.. but right now.. $$ is not co-operating.. wahahaha..

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
yeah i wouldnt hold my breath for those 05-07 lights... even as much as id love them i have no faith, thats why mine got the paint treatment...

·
Fords suck
4,412 Posts
Hey, ZX360, how hard was that? I've been debating doing that(I'm actually tinting my taillights at this very moment). Did you use the "Easy Bake Oven" method for getting them apart?

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
well it wasnt easy, but it wasnt killer... my dad and i did it, hardest part was coming up with a plan of attack...

we started from the bottom/fender side, since i read no matter what you do you will mangle the plastic... i held the lamp while he pried, only took 2 oven cycles each, once we broke the seal on the bottom and side, we just pulled it apart....

2nd hardest part was actually painting it, take TONS of time scuffing it, i didnt take log enough and the groves wouldnt hold the paint, took about 4 hours to paint them and get them to not fisheye...

but it was 100% worth it, ive gotten many people asking me why my focus looks different then every other focus they have seen.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't think a razor blade will do the job. The seal is really thick and hard. I did the oven method. It was not easy, but just a bit easier. and after I pulled the light apart, I tried to remove the left over seal using a blade.. but the seal is really hard to remove after it cooled.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
no you cant just cut them, BUT im glad you said that, because we did go around the seal of the 2nd light with a blade just to score it, and it did help a bit, there is no getting around the oven that i see... its not as bad as you think though

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Hey Phil, you have the angel eyes in your headlight, right?

This summer I am planning to paint my headlights either body color (Silver) or black, and adding angel eyes in them.

Can you answer a few questions?
1) How are the angel eyes wired? Just power and ground?
2) How are they wired into your lights? When the orange bulbs come on? Headlights come on? Separate switch?
3) How did you mount them? Glue? Zip-tie?
4) How bright are they?
5) How long are they supposed to last? I don't want to have to swap them out every year.

Thanks in advance. [:)]

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
^^only thing i know about those angel eyes is that you 100% dont wanna have to switch them every year lol... opening the lights is a PITA... good luck though

1 - 20 of 29 Posts