Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the deal I live in an area that gets bad snows every once in a while but not all the time so snow tires are a waste IMO for me. I want to know what a good all season would be. I'm leaning towards The BfG Super Sport. I would like to know what other people's opinions are on this tire and others in snow slush ice etc... Please give me your opinions and don't say just get another set of wheels for snows and that crap cause I can't afford to do that. Thanks for taking time to read this post.

-Brett

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I got Kumho Ecsta ASX, one of those "High performance All seasons" Handles well pretty decent in the snow but I have to wait to see how they do once they start wearing.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Tirerack has a wonderful testing and rating system that puts tires head to head with each other. Very worth while research.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read a bunch of the tirerack.com stuff but was wondering what other people's ideas are. from real world experience on the focus.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just got Goodyear Assurance Tripletread's back in June. It is a good all-season tire. Living in the Seattle area it is good on wet and dry, and with the recent snow we had I was able to get around no problem (6"-8" of snow).

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
I just got Goodyear Assurance Tripletread's back in June. It is a good all-season tire. Living in the Seattle area it is good on wet and dry, and with the recent snow we had I was able to get around no problem (6"-8" of snow).
i bought these as well a year an a half ago and they suck. not great grip in the rain and terrible in the snow. if its icy good luck

·
Registered
401 Posts
i have toyo proxes tpt performance all seasons. Dry drip is superb and wet is phenominal. Snow is not as good but is good enough to get me around in these Northeast Winters i have to deal with up here. 30 times better than my Falken 912's!! i would recommend them to anyone

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I got Kumho Ecsta ASX, one of those "High performance All seasons" Handles well pretty decent in the snow but I have to wait to see how they do once they start wearing.
These or Continental ContiExtreme's are the only all season tire's I'd run.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to avoid goodyears I heard they vary from batch to batch how good they are. I love the goodyears on my ranger but I talked to one guy that had the same thing and they sucked so no goodyears for me. Ill look at some toyo proxies and see what I can find about them.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
^^ Forgot about those, had a set of those and was very impressed.

·
Registered
401 Posts
yup toyo FTW :) only problem is tirerack doesnt carry them :(

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
edgeracing I believe carries them, aswell as Falkens who make decent all seasons although in snow they generally havent done so well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts