Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
lets put it this way i know people who know people who work for nissan there gtr is great but bluntly they say nissan cars are not worth your time.... he even said the gtr..... 800$ oil change.... that should give you an idea...

·
Registered
123 Posts
There's probably a couple factors in play here, 1. I think its reasonable to assume that there are more happy Focus owners than unhappy and that they're not as many on the forums or posting complaints about their cars and the ones who do experience issues (dct6 trans) are jumping online looking for answers and it gives the impression that there are a lot of owners out there experiencing problems... 2. It is a mechanical machine and sometimes you just get a bad one.. it happens. Yes, I'm a Ford fan boy and I stand by Ford and I know that they will stand by their customers. I've had no issues with my '14 Focus, or any other Ford I've owned over the years. My wife on the other hand has experienced a problem with her DCT and the dealership replaced the clutch. so far so good, runs nice & tight like it should, if it screws up again then we'll take it in again. That is what the warranty is for. If it continues to screw up then we'll think about getting her a different vehicle, But it will be a Ford.

Reactions: TooOld

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Yes, and sometimes we consumers have to take the brunt of the "learning curve" of new technology.

Still, it's fun to bitch and complain about the new technology.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Maybe Nissan NEEDS to have a longer warranty to build back the trust of its consumers.
IMO Nissan has been in decline since their joint venture with Renault in 1999...

·
Registered
9 Posts
CVT trannies are awful. My dad's got a Sentra with one and it's the dullest car I've ever driven. Revs itself to death but you still feel like you're going nowhere. And it's a 2.0L, same as my Focus with the DCT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts