Registered
3,364 Posts
Sounds good.

·
Registered
822 Posts
There seems to at least be an ST wagon as seen in this clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHsJyGsS-Os&t=809

Though I'm sure it's probably not for the US.
Which is why my next car probably will not be a Ford. They've had a Focus ST wagon in Europe for a few years now and they wont sell it here.If I were to trade my Focus this year, it would be a new 2015 Volkswagen Golf Sportwagen with a 1.8T which will be on sale soon in the US. The below article states there is no AWD. Not true, Volkswagen already says there will be an AWD offered later in the year.

2015 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Review - AutoGuide.com News

I've only bought domestics up to now, but if the US automakers refuse to make wagons and stick us Americans with porker SUV's, I'll just have to buy an import as my next car. [mad]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Which is why my next car probably will not be a Ford. They've had a Focus ST wagon in Europe for a few years now and they wont sell it here.If I were to trade my Focus this year, it would be a new 2015 Volkswagen Golf Sportwagen with a 1.8T which will be on sale soon in the US. The below article states there is no AWD. Not true, Volkswagen already says there will be an AWD offered later in the year.

I've only bought domestics up to now, but if the US automakers refuse to make wagons and stick us Americans with porker SUV's, I'll just have to buy an import as my next car. [mad]
Porker suv's= LOL ^^^^^^ Seems like thats what most suv'ers want,,,How about the GLA 45 AMG ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Problem is the market - there isn't one in the US. Not for the volume Ford wants. VW can get away with it.

One concern I'd have with VW - with any foreign car - other than very basic repairs, most work will have to be done by the dealer. Which can really drive up the cost of ownership. That's been my experience with Mitsubishi. I bought a Lancer GTS in 2007 (an '08 - at the time Ford made nothing that I liked that had 4 doors). It's been a great car, approaching 100k miles, almost no issues. But any thing other than minor work (like servicing the CVT) requires the dealer, which jacks the price. And now my local dealer has closed up shop and the nearest one is 30 miles away.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Problem is the market - there isn't one in the US. Not for the volume Ford wants. VW can get away with it.

One concern I'd have with VW - with any foreign car - other than very basic repairs, most work will have to be done by the dealer. Which can really drive up the cost of ownership. That's been my experience with Mitsubishi. I bought a Lancer GTS in 2007 (an '08 - at the time Ford made nothing that I liked that had 4 doors). It's been a great car, approaching 100k miles, almost no issues. But any thing other than minor work (like servicing the CVT) requires the dealer, which jacks the price. And now my local dealer has closed up shop and the nearest one is 30 miles away.
Have you checked out scoobies? wrx/ sti? Lots of shops work on scoobies,,,,,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sure hope that is not the final tune for the engine/exhaust sound - it's very weak sauce, even compared to the Golf R.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you checked out scoobies? wrx/ sti? Lots of shops work on scoobies,,,,,
When it comes time in 2016 to buy a car, I'll definitely look at 'em. I don't like the Subaru dealer in our area (they used to be the Mitsu dealer as well). They put the waiting room in a completely different building from the shop so you can't see what they're doing (or not doing) to your car. So it would be imperative to be able to take it to another shop for repairs I can't do myself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Evos are going to stop production. The 2003 -2006 evos have the 4g63 with AWD that makes them unstoppable. I sure hope the RS fills the AWD void.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts