Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help finding a leather shift knob. I want an all black one and through searching the forums I see that a 2002 Cougar, SVT Contour, or Ford R/S shifter will work. Only thing I can't find is where to actually buy one. Anyone know of a source?

I just ordered a leather steering wheel on ebay, but I can't find one of these...

Thanks.

·
Registered
759 Posts
shift knobs are kinda interchangeable, I'd start with google.

MOMO hint hint...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it seems like an easy thing, but I'm not finding a place to buy a non-metal shift knob. I just want to screw it on without having to mess with the reverse lock-out.

I've tried google, froogle, booble, etc...maybe I just don't know how to search.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link. That looks awesome, but doesn't look like it will work with the reverse lock out. Do you know for sure?

*Edit* Actually it says here that it won't fit the Focus.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, my search for "leather knob" yielded some interesting results :) I was wondering if anyone would catch that...

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
BAT (British American Tranfer) has the RS leather shift knob. Very nice!
I have a 2002 Cougar shift knob for sale, but as mentioned above you will lose the reverse lock-out.

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you really want one bad I can sell you mine. Its a all leather shift knob. I can send you pics if you want.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I actually found this knob on Cardomain's store, its a Razo, I did a little searching cause you made me think of it. What I REALLY want is black/charcoal classic grip style in all alcantara (sp?), but this suede knob is the closest I could find. I might like it well enough to ditch my momo...

·
Registered
284 Posts
I actually bought the shift knob from Mr-914 on this forum. I dunno where he got it. But it works perfectly with our shifters. Pm me if you want it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Any Ford dealer can order a knob for you...but they aren't very cheap (50-80). I bought a Contour SVT knob by going onto a Contour forum and posting in their forsale section. I think switched to a 2002 Cougar knob by doing the same thing in a Cougar forum.

If you want, I still have the Contour SVT knob sitting in a drawer. PM me, I'll sell it for a few dollars plus shipping. Both the Cougar and Contour knobs work fine with the reverse lockout.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts