Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did I ever post these pics? I can't remember.

Made the car even more of a blast to drive! Lets just say it vibrated my Radar Detector off of my windshield, and has a droning sound at certain rpms when you let off the gas. I love every bit of it.

Oh, and note the circular hole in the bottom of the air box..... I dont have a SRI or anything, so i had to cut a small hole to clear the bolt. the other holes are for the snorkel and then where it broke. Performance loss would be minimal if any noticeable. And I always forget the "Work In Progress" Pics.

That day I also installed a new Inner Tie Rod on driverside (Moog) and it was a PITA and then 2 new Sway Bar Endlinks (Moog) which have grease fittings YAY!

Did I mention I Aligned it myself at work?

5,155 Posts
Nice mounts dude!

My buddy had an SRT4 and he put mounts on it...that thing ran rough for a while. They eventually settled and the ride was a LITTLE bit softer. Not much though.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
thinking about gettin the same setup...Nice

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Nice man. I'm the only SPI owner that I know of with all 3 motor mounts.
They really do make a huge difference. Definitely a great mod.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By all means, yes. The install was not hard. it can definitely be done in your drive way. The car has such good response from me now. You can feel this mod in every aspect of driving and tell a difference. It has an aggressive feel to it.

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
do you have holes in your airbox? might want to patch that up

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That I do and already addressed it. They are before the filter. One hole is where the svt snorkel is, the second is so that the air box can clear the bolt for the motor mount since it sits higher than stock, and the 3rd is where i cracked it taking the air box out when i had a CAI. im sure that theres hardly if any performance loss.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
very nice, very nice

·
Registered
79 Posts
Damn, I'm really tempted to get all the mounts i can. But I'm worried about the vibrations effect on normal daily life. To the point of putting a bullet in your cars dash to shut it up, or is it really not that bad?

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
how much did it cost u in total, and what kind of tools did u had use?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The most noticeable vibrations are when you first start the car, when you start out in first or reverse, or at idle.

They are the Steeda Mounts. I'd say steeda from focus.c-f-m.com b/c most of their Steeda stuff is free shipping and they give good support to Ford.

I'd also recommend a Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, I have yet to buy one, but I wish I did when I had the chance.

Mounts: $435 that was free shipping too. I got them in 2 days.

Tools:

Floor jack (Support)
Assorted Sockets/Hand wrenches (13-21mm) Several between, thats just the size range
3 Foot Pry Bar (I had 2 busted mounts, and the engine settled)
1.5' Pull Bar (Just because I had it)
1/2" Drive Impact (Just because I had it)
18" Extension (Just because I had it)

The torque specs are so minimal, I wouldn't even bother with it.

But to do this, its super easy. If you dont have an aftermarket Intake, then you will need to put a hole in the bottom of the air box.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
badass

I just did the driver side one and its a huge diff in itself. are yours broken in yet? im thinking itll be a bit before mine evens out

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
FYI, the VF engineering drivers side mount is a different design, and you wouldn't
have to cut a hole in your airbox. I have a volant intake and it fits just fine.
Here's a pic:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts