Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to bring my car in for a wheel alignment and I was wondering what good shops are recommended in NJ.

I have Eibach springs 2" drop.

You advice is apprecaited.

thanks

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
bring it to a dealer...most of the small shops don't do alignments with an alignment machine

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about it, but I was wondering if they would give me a hard time being that's it slammed u know. I'll call 'em up and see what they say.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
they won't give you a problem when your paying for something to be done, though they probably will try to upsell a few things to you...why do you need it aligned?...got a new camber kit?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hit a curb back in march and for a quick fix I took it to some back yard place and they partially fixed it but it's soo bad that when I replaced my tires back in April by August I needed tires again and now I just purchased a used set of stock wheels and tires and I don't want to be riding around w/out the alignment done. Hopefully they'll get it to as close to spec as they can. When I originally slammed the car I had no problems, but since I hit the curb it's way off.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
well how are your tires wearing?...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They wore out pretty even. Except I can tell it's off because the steering wheel is off to the right and if I pull it to make the steering wheel straight the car starts going left and not straight.

If anything then I'll probably just get it back to stock height again just for the winter until I find a shop that is willing to do the job and not b.s. me.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
theres gotta be more ford dealers around you man, i can think of 5-6 that r under 45 minutes from me, jersey has a ton of dealerships. good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts