Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought the car in for service and they did an alignment but the printout specs are showing in range for a 2012-2014 ST, Does anyone know if the 2015+ models have a different range value for specs? I have a 2017 and thought they redesigned some of the suspension on the newer models. Also how do these numbers look?

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
i was wondering what the specs were my self ,but from when i asked about svt specs i am sure you will get told too much variance from side to side , i`am sure they could get em closer almost identical at least with in 0. 1 or 0.2 of ea other on the same axle

·
w/ my magic bag
29,462 Posts
I like to see less rear toe & zero toe for the front.

·
Registered
580 Posts
The strut design was changed in 2014 in the US, and 2015 in ROW, but otherwise the suspensions are unchanged.

What was done on the strut was modifying the upper strut bearing and strut mount (this also facilitated changing the spring design).

These changes should have no effect on the alignment specifications.

While a lot of people want zero toe on the front it's actually best to have .05 degrees (a touch of toe in) this increases stability and helps fight road crown.

You want more toe in the back, to control thrust angle.

Basically your most important numbers are total front toe (.10), total rear toe (.38), steer ahead (0), thrust angle (0), and cross caster (0).

If thrust angle, steer ahead, and cross caster are all 0 you KNOW your toe is symmetrical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts