Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Focus SES, it has 40k miles on it, I finally got rid of the Pirelli tires and I have been blaming this issue on them. Once I finally has General Altimax HP 205/50/16 installed and a 4 wheel alignment done at a Quicklane, I thought it would cure the loose feeling it has in the slightest bit of snow. Today we had enough to cover spots on the road the size of a regular trash can lid, as the rear tires hit the covered areas the rear tire that was on the pavement feel as if it is trying to correct the tracking on the rear end. With this problem the car feels safer with completely snow covered roads instead of patches. Since the car was new I have noticed when I hit rough spots on the interstate wet or dry the car feels like it wants to kick the rear to the right side. I really thought it was out of alignment really bad or may set wrong from the factory, but the tire wear was reasonably good for the stock tires to get 40k on them. I run the recommended tire pressure 34 lbs pressure( front,rear) and have rotated every 5000 with oil change, wheels torqued at 95 ft.lbs.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Did you get a printout of the alignment specs from Quicklane? If you could post those we may be able to give you some better advise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts