Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i just got back from a local Firestone tire shop to get my 4 wheel alignment, but the only thing that happened, is i spent a good hr and a half walking around downtown???lol...
i get a call from the shop saying, that they could't get my car on the rack, because i'm to low???? has anyone else had thuis problem??? my suspension is the eibach sportline kit and i have the svt body pieces on my car minus the front bumper, which i have the svt lip on my stocker...
i'm looking around for a shop on my local autocross forum for a better one, but i guess my only other option is to pull the front bumper so i can get an alignment??lol

what a day.

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
yeah, you need to call around and ask if they work on lowered cars.

It took me a while to find a place. but well worth it

·
Registered
308 Posts
The guy that aligns my autocross Miata has a stack of 24" long 2X12's that he puts on the end of his ramps to get super low cars (like my Miata) on the rack. Go to a lumber yard and buy your own and go back and show them how it's done.[:D]

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was about to suggest it to the guy, but his customer service was pretty shitty.....kinda had a short temper i guess....

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to bad manufacturers arn't required to mark, like engrave the toe and other measurements like that on the car..

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anybody have any experiance w/ ford dealers doing alignments on lowered cars?

·
Registered
308 Posts
lanting90 said:
anybody have any experiance w/ ford dealers doing alignments on lowered cars?
What's the smilie for EEEK!
Find someone locally that autocrosses and ask who they recomend. Drive by local alignment only shops and look for race cars in their lot. If all else fails get out the yellow pages and start calling and explain that you have a lowered car and want to get it aligned.

Good luck!

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, there is a syno/motorsports/hot-rod shop here, but from what i've heard they arn't that great at what they do, dunno bout alignments and what not...yellowpages looking like tomarrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts