Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2011. This is as good as the shop got it. All the parts are fine. Should I order some camber plates/bolts and install so the next place I take it to has something to work with. Or am I just stuck with this.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Are you sure that your suspension components are in good shape? My 2012 had camber issues in the rear that were missed by inspection which resulted in tire cupping. The alignment numbers for rear camber were similar to yours. I replaced the rear upper control arm with an adjustable type and was able to bring the alignment back into spec. I also had to replace one tire as the cupping made a horrible noise.

Throwing camber bolts at end of life parts is not a worth while investment. If this rings true for your situation then I'd look closely at your suspension components. Something is going on for sure on the right side of you car.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
For the rear camber adjustment, you can go w/ either camber bolts or arms, I'd also get a pr of camber links for easier rear toe adjustment. For your front camber, you can loosen the front cradle & move it over to side w/ more negative camber.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts