Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the camber bolt in to match the left side to the right at about 1 degree negative. Ran the car to the local tire store for a quick check

Everything in front was where I wanted it.

Rear camber was now about 1 degree neg each side but toe was 0.25 degree left and 0.14 right. I asked the guy to set the individual rear toes to as close to 0.04 degrees as possible. HE came very close......each individual rear toe was now in individual range (at low end) but the TOTAL rear toe was out of spec at 0.08 (to a min spec of 0.18 degrees)

He didn't want to leave it that way but said he would if I noted it on work order and receipt.

So now I have 0.04 degrees toe each rear wheel and 1 degree neg camber. Felt fine during long drive home. We'll see how it goes! Thanks for all the advice!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wanted to give an update. Car still drives fine. The rear tires were already a little noisy but they don't seem to have worn any worse after another 10K. These are expensive top end Michelins so I've asked my daughter to tolerate the noise at least to be able to use these tires thru winter.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Sounds great & keep your tires rotated of course.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had new tires installed today and wanted to make sure the alignment was OK. Left it at zero toe front and 0.04 degrees per side (0.08 total) rear. I have about -1 degree camber per side rear. I've been playing with the car enough now to be nearly certain that reducing the toe below total recommended spec on the rear helps a LOT with tire wear.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Had new tires installed today and wanted to make sure the alignment was OK. Left it at zero toe front and 0.04 degrees per side (0.08 total) rear. I have about -1 degree camber per side rear. I've been playing with the car enough now to be nearly certain that reducing the toe below total recommended spec on the rear helps a LOT with tire wear.
there is consensus of that on this forum. i run zero rear toe

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Thats a great setting.^^^^^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts