Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has MyFord Touch in his Focus ST and he's having a problem with the album art appearing. I've been trying to find a solution and I've seen a lot of other people having this problem, but I've seen no solutions.

He's using my Flash Drive for music and he had it set to Cover Art Priority, but the covers would sometimes be mismatched and sometimes not show up at all. On my Zune software and on Windows Media Player it showed album art for every album, so it's just on the car that it's not showing up.

Does anyone have any way to fix this?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Since updating to 3.5.1 I've had the issue where instead of any of my album art I just get the MFT placeholder stuff... on usb drives or phones it works fine but on my 160gb ipod classic its all placeholder. gracenote is off, and cover art priority is set to device... so, honestly I have no idea.

If anyone has some insight on either of these problems that would be great :)

sorry to jump into the thread here but I want answers too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I posted a reply to this in another thread a month or two ago, so give this a try, it always works for me.

I had to go through and manually edit all the ID3 tags with all the music I wanted on my Zune that I use with MFT version 3.5.1. I use MP3Tag as it will pull proper album art from Amazon.com. All told, what worked for me, was selecting the version of album art that was 500x500 or smaller. Anything larger would not display after a re-index.

Give that a try with an album or two. When you plug in your device back into the car, force MFT to update the media index from the settings menu.

Good luck!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Is the album art embedded to the file?

I used iTunes to add album art to all of my songs that I had downloaded from "other sources" but iTunes just saves the corresponding album art in a directory on your computer. It doesn't actually make the artwork a part of the file. I have no idea if your Zune/Media Player does that too.

Anyways, I had to manually add the artwork. There are two ways, you can use a program to do it, or you can do it through iTunes. The iTunes way takes forever because you have to go into the song info, cut the artwork and then paste it back in. Stupid I know, but it works.

The program I used to do it for me was iCoverArt. The only problem is the freeware version only does 5 songs at a time. Then you have to stop it and then restart and do another 5. It's pretty cheap to buy though if you have a lot of songs.

Anyways, no idea if this is your problem, but it was mine!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Welcome to the club. I've had album art problems since I bought the car. All are properly formatted and embedded in the id3 tag. It's very annoying and particularly sad the programmers can't get it to reliably work.

Unless they make it a priority to permanently fix, it will never work.

My major problem is my ZUNE HD won't get recognized at all by MFT. I had to revert to using my old zune 120.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Welcome to the club. I've had album art problems since I bought the car. All are properly formatted and embedded in the id3 tag. It's very annoying and particularly sad the programmers can't get it to reliably work.

Unless they make it a priority to permanently fix, it will never work.

My major problem is my ZUNE HD won't get recognized at all by MFT. I had to revert to using my old zune 120.
Hmmm...

I have absolutely no problems with album art or my Zune HD.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wait a minute people use the ZUNE? heheh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are the ID3 tags pretty much the Details when you go to properties?

I download music from several different places, so I'm not sure if the file is embedded. If it doesn't have album art I paste through the Zune software; will this embed it?

@bronze
Thanks, I'll try getting the 500x500 art!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I never had album art issues until MFT 3.5.1. Before that, I always had album art for all of my music that had artwork.

Not a big deal, a minor inconvenience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are the ID3 tags pretty much the Details when you go to properties?

I download music from several different places, so I'm not sure if the file is embedded. If it doesn't have album art I paste through the Zune software; will this embed it?

@bronze
Thanks, I'll try getting the 500x500 art!
Hopefully the 500x500 artwork does it for you. My Zune HD works fine with MFT, but the album art has been a struggle. I never tried to edit the tags in the Zune software, I always used an external tag editor like MP3Tag to edit the ID3 tags. So far all of my album art shows and works. Good luck!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Just to clarify, my zune hd used to work with mft perfectly. Then one day mft had a bird and decided to lock up and otherwise mess up. Then the zune hd became an unrecognized device, thus forever. It's my guess the hardware id tags got corrupted, and unless I can completely wipe mft (apparently not possible) or can somehow change the hardware id, it will never work again.

Album cover art on the other hand has never worked properly from any device I've plugged in, all the way back to 2.11

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
82 Posts
My Zune HD works great with MFT with voice command and album art. (MFT 3.5.1 I think)

Nice to see more Zune HD love out there :p.

I was so sad they updated the Zune software (or actually killed it) and I lost my total play count.

Just to clarify, my zune hd used to work with mft perfectly. Then one day mft had a bird and decided to lock up and otherwise mess up. Then the zune hd became an unrecognized device, thus forever. It's my guess the hardware id tags got corrupted, and unless I can completely wipe mft (apparently not possible) or can somehow change the hardware id, it will never work again.

Album cover art on the other hand has never worked properly from any device I've plugged in, all the way back to 2.11

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile HD

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's really easy to solve ......

I had the same problem in my 2015 Ford Mondeo Titanium. This is really easy to solve. Rip the music from your CD to a computer with Windows Media Player. I changed the settings for ripping to MP3 format but I don't think this really matters. When the rip is completed open an internet browser and search for the album artwork that you want via Google. When you've found it, copy and paste the image into the music library of Media Player (over the top of the existing thumbnail image) and select "update album artwork". When this has completed sync the album to your USB device. This has worked every single time for me - even with some quite old CD's that never displayed any artwork previously. Enjoy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts