Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Alberta Focus Fanatics around? I'm in North East Alberta and I don't really know that many people and of the people I do know few of them give a damn about cars.

I wouldn't mind finding out about a car club or something around!

·
SMTNBLU
1,910 Posts
Me! I'm in Edmonton but we go to some of the Calgary car meets.

Illmotion Car club in Calgary, there's another MK3 owner on here from Calgary and then the car club I "bling" too is 780Tuners - the forum is all play and BS, in person they are nice people.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Wow I actually found this section, cool... You guy know any place in Calgary we can shop for some quality parts? Most stores I have seen look for driven towards Japanese cars. [wrenchin].

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Right here. Unfortunately if you live in Calgary you will find no support for the Fofo unless you feel like ordering Ford performance parts through the dealerships and paying through the nose.
I buy anything Focus or Merkur related from the internet-either here, FJ or e-Bay.
You will that a lot of US vendors (mostly on e-Bay but some peeps right here on FF) that will not ship to Canada. If you want big items like body kits get them shipped to Montana Shipping Outlet http://www.montanashipping.com/ and make a day trip of it.
While you are down make sure you pick up a lot of Cherry Coke!

·
SMTNBLU
1,910 Posts
Right here. Unfortunately if you live in Calgary you will find no support for the Fofo unless you feel like ordering Ford performance parts through the dealerships and paying through the nose.
I buy anything Focus or Merkur related from the internet-either here, FJ or e-Bay.
You will that a lot of US vendors (mostly on e-Bay but some peeps right here on FF) that will not ship to Canada. If you want big items like body kits get them shipped to Montana Shipping Outlet http://www.montanashipping.com/ and make a day trip of it.
While you are down make sure you pick up a lot of Cherry Coke!
Nooooooo Vanilla Coke!

I buy through fswerks and Florida Motorsports. Nothing up here really. It's hard for modding most cars, even JDM or domestic imports.

·
SMTNBLU
1,910 Posts
I joined this morning. Not many members there.

Sent from your mom's house.
Yeah, just started this year.... there aren't many modified foci at all. There are only a few in Edmonton/area that I know that haven't joined. But then again just because the car is modified doesn't mean they did it in the first place or care about the car at all.

I think with the new ST and all the new performance parts coming out for the MK3s there should be a bunch more now.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Should keep your eyes out for well priced/quailty parts and let us know on here, it been farely difficult trying to find websites that actually carry stuff or have a selection, which im guessing will take another year... or so. Im not a crazy modder i just want to have my vehicle that has a flare of something unique and well put together and function so i can justify in my mind spending the money. [?|]

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have been posting up any local Focus deals on the Facebook page.
I continuously troll Kijiji for Focus parts but most seem to be 00-04 parts and the occasional SVT part out.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't looked around a whole lot. The only "mods" I plan right away are getting my windows either tinted or dipped if I can find a good guy. And I want to buy the FSWerks Sport Exhaust. I may be able to convince someone to get it for me for Xmas if I'm lucky haha.

I wouldn't mind a cold air intake and maybe getting a throttle body spacer. But I'm not worrying about anything until I move into my new place with a garage. It's to cold to be working outside now.

·
SMTNBLU
1,910 Posts
I haven't looked around a whole lot. The only "mods" I plan right away are getting my windows either tinted or dipped if I can find a good guy. And I want to buy the FSWerks Sport Exhaust. I may be able to convince someone to get it for me for Xmas if I'm lucky haha.

I wouldn't mind a cold air intake and maybe getting a throttle body spacer. But I'm not worrying about anything until I move into my new place with a garage. It's to cold to be working outside now.

Exhaust is nice, I have the Stealth and it's the best sounding IMO, best to get it on before the car has some wear because some of the pieces were sure in there good.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone excited for the snow forecasted? I'm pretty pumped to hit the hills. Not looking forward to the cold. Wind chill is sposed to go down to -40!

Sent from your mom's house.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
To the Calgary members: anyone ever attend the weekly beyond.ca meets? I'm a regular and generally have the only Focus.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts