41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Dang, I need to catch up.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
hey when you took apart the interior did you see if the handbrake barrel can be replaced?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Looks cool. Stop by next time you see me out. I've seen you a few times now, or rather heard you

Sent from my PantechP9090 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
How are the brakes holding up Alex?
The brakes are alright, if you really want to stop they will but you can hear that you have drilled and slotted rotors, not squeaky just kinda make a grumbling sound, but normal day to day driving they are pristine!! Prolly not the best rotors you can get but they are great for the money and the zinc coating is still nice and shiny

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
I love the new sedans wish more people would mod them. This just proves they have GREAT potential
This has to go in every Mk3 sedan owner's sig.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I thought you had the light blue winter wheels :( I just painted my winter wheels a similar blue :( oh well.

Hey do you know of anyone who can paint my rear valance and side skirts?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Also what rotors did you buy? I usually get that Powerstop Brake kit. I need to do my front brakes already and I bought some Centric rotors that already have the hats powder coated. Problem is they came solid, not vented. Everything online says to just run them

I'm still going to use them, but not sure how well they'll work so I may need a replacement soon. They were only like $33

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I have bright blue metallic wheels for winter. We should look good together in town. And if I get in trouble, I'll just say it was the other focus with blue wheels.Lol

And for my brakes, I used brake motive they were on eBay wanna say $200 for all four. But I'm thinking of getting some new ones, and ill ask my buddy if he wants to paint your stuff, he's done all my stuff

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Also what rotors did you buy? I usually get that Powerstop Brake kit. I need to do my front brakes already and I bought some Centric rotors that already have the hats powder coated. Problem is they came solid, not vented. Everything online says to just run them

I'm still going to use them, but not sure how well they'll work so I may need a replacement soon. They were only like $33

That rotor looks like a rear, the fronts are vented and thicker.

·
Registered
363 Posts
These are indeed for the fronts though. My rears are drums. I guess they stopped doing solid rotors in the front in the late 90's, but they supposedly work the same as vented when not racing. I suppose I'll find out. I obviously didn't know these were solid when I bought them. I coops return them, but I'm stubborn lol

41 - 60 of 77 Posts