Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know a good alarm with two horns? Its for my manual ST. Its also gotta work with my keyless entry and trunk release or replace it. Id rather replace it cause I dont like how you gotta click the lock button twice to make it honk.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i dont know of any alarms that come with two horns, but you can easily hook up an extra siren to it. you might be able to find an extra horn on like ebay, or a local mobile security shop. The push twice to honk is only with the factory key fob. An aftermarket one usually chirps from the new horn, but an installer can easily wire it up to your car horn i believe.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
most aftermarket alarms unclude keyless entry, and trunk release. if not, its not a good system.
and you are complaining about pushing a button twice to make it honk? quit your bitchin. its takes less than 1 second to push it twice. and on some aftermarket alarms, you still have to push the button twice.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I have the Python 881XP on my car. It has one siren, but it would be simple to hook up another one if you really need it. And yes, the car's horn can also be wired into it. I think that most alarm/keyless entry systems will have an auxilary command to control the trunk release (or something like power windows if you want). Just about anything made by DEI will give you your moneys worth.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys Im just gonna go see what hey have a circuit city it the most local place around here.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i've got the python 460hp from circuit city (i work there). It's one model below remote start. Great system, but the aux button has to be held down for 2 seconds before the trunk pops. My recommendation if you don't need remote start!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that sounds good yeah i have a manual so no remote start for me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts