Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever installed an alarm system?? im thinking about getting an Add-On system which won't replace my factory remotes. is Hornet a deciet brand??

·
Registered
688 Posts
y would u want an alarm system? i mean...u prolly gonna go in the mall or sumtin n u wont be able to hear it n plus many ppl igonore there alarm systems..its jus a waste of money..get sumtin else to keep ur car from gettin stollen..like the club..heard they can get
broken easy tho..but there is that other thing..dunno the name..but it goes on the pedal..

·
Registered
798 Posts
If you are really scared about theft, don't be. If a thief really wants your car he will get it. But thiefs don't really want economy cars. If you got wheels and ground affects get one with a motion detector and engine killer. I rely on the little "antitheft" light that blinks to scare wanna-be car thiefs and the door handles and locks are well designed, nobody is going to get in with a coat hanger that's for sure. The club that goes on the pedals does work as well, the steering wheel is meant to break, it's madatory for DOT car that the pedals do not break.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well i work at a k-mart and around 9pm mexican like swarm the place, well we have already busted 2 of them trying to steal some ones elses radio and then they tried another one and their alarm went off and there is usually some one that will come in and warn people that something is going on.
besides the alarm im thinking about getting comes with a starter killer when alarm is activated. and i was thinking about getting the motion sensor.
and thirdly i just got my decals put on and it makes my car look likes it has something that the mexican could steal
and finally i like the cool chirp

here is a link to see a pic of my car w/ decals http://www.geocities.com/zts_import_eater/DecalMyCar.jpg

·
Registered
571 Posts
ZTS_Import_Eater said:
has anyone ever installed an alarm system?? im thinking about getting an Add-On system which won't replace my factory remotes. is Hornet a deciet brand??
I've been lookin at gettin one myself (mostly cuz i'm gettin worries 'bout my stereo gettin ripped off...) I haven't realy been lookin at brands yet, just lookin at install instructions, tips, etc. To me it looks like its not gonna be any tougher than an amp install. honestly, some people might be a little intimidated and not wanna do it, but if you have even a passing knowledge of electronics and can follow written instructions / schematics, its not brain surgery. Basicly if you can follow instructions and know how to crimp and splice a few wires, then go for it....

·
Registered
688 Posts
u could go cheap..n get a sticker that says...car is rigged with bomb and will explode if started up.....u could jus slap that on everytime u go to work or sumtin....but as far as gettin a engine killer..that wont stop the thief from stealing other stuff from ur car

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i also heard that if i get an alarm my insurance will go down
but i was just wondering if Hornet is the same as Bulldog, cause Bulldog SUCKS and i wanted to know how hard it is to install it.
and does anyone know where is goes? in the engine? or behind the glove box?

·
Registered
688 Posts
i think most alarms go in the engine area..not to sure..thats wut i heard..havent had one n wont have one..but go google it n see wut u find for answers...

·
Registered
798 Posts
You can already make a claim for having a car alarm with your insurance company because your car does come with an "antitheft system". When I got my car they asked me if it had this or if it had that and when they asked me if it had a car alarm I told them yes and they gave me the rebate, no questions asked.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Remember that the focus comes with an engine "disabler"; that is what the SecuriLock thing is. That's why the keys are so damn expensive. They have a chip in them and if you try to hot wire it or use a key that isn't programmed into the car's computer, the car won't start.

You can always take the security thing out when you go into work too. Or whatever your radio has (if you got a new aftermarket one).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Get the Diablosport Delta chip. It will not only do what it is supposed to, but it is also will act as a second starter disable. The unit comes with a toggle switch that you switch between tunes with, but if the switch is turned to the off position, the car won't start. So if a theif gets by the ignition kill that is in the column, the engine is still dead at the cpu.
You can get the most up to date system and they already know how to get around it before it even came out. If they want it, they will get it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm planning on getting a matrix rs3, it's a top of the line car alarm and auto start. It has a little remote which works aproximately about 300-400ft away by radio control. LCD screen shows if your car is being broken into and other little misc things. I think it'll be a good investment, retails for 500 at most places and I can pick it up new for 177+6%tax+100 to install. Plus, these NW indiana winters blow ass, it'll be worth it for just the auto start.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts