Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 black focus SE that i bought from a friend about a year and 1/2 ago which was having alarm issues and because of this my friend had an after market alarm put in which is causing my major problems now. I was able to find out it is an Audiovox Prestige alarm and the model number is APS-25CH. Now the problem is today the alarm caused all the electrical systems to stop working and i can no longer start the car. The alarm is seizing the ignition from starting because of whatever is shorting it out and is also shorting out the whole system stopping any electricity from powering the car. I have looked everywhere for how to disconnect or disable the alarm, the kill switch will not work as nothing electrical in the car will work at the moment. i know the battery is good as it was just replaced about a month ago. All i am trying to find out is how to reconnect the original wiring so i can get this demon alarm out of the car for the time being. I cant seem to find any exact diagram as to what i should disconnect to get it to let me to at least start the car. Can anyone tell me what wires i would need to reconnect or what fuses to remove so i can bypass or disconnect this alarm?

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
i know the battery is good as it was just replaced about a month ago.
Get this a lot with electrical problems. ( ex. "My battery must be good because it's new.") A month with an alternator over/under charging problem or wiring harness short is plenty of time to deplete (or destroy) a new battery. Check the battery voltage with the appropriate tool. I suspect you'll find your problem there.
Alarm systems, in my limited experience with them, seldom disable the car's entire electrical system to the point where absolutely nothing works. (Owners probably not to keen on having their radio pre-sets constantly wiped, for example.)
If you want a wiring diagram of the stock PATS (Passive Anti-Theft System) or "Forced Entry" circuit, pm me. I don't envy you that job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tested the battery with a voltage meter I have because I work on computers as a hobby I know it is not the battery. I suspect it may have something to do with the alarm not being grounded properly but I don't know the wiring well enough to just start trying this and that. In addition if the battery is new and got drain in a month via the alarm causing it to drain, getting another new battery will not fix my problem it will just cause me to keep replacing the battery. An original wiring diagram would be helpful maybe i undo whatever these people did when they installed it, there are at least 4 cut wires under the dash that they spliced to different color wires going to the alarm brain. I have basic knowleage of electrical wiring for home and PC (which it seems vaguely similar too) but this just seems wrong after looking at the installation diagram from Audiovox.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
pm replied.
btw, I wasn't suggesting you replace you battery; I was suggesting you confirm the battery is providing 12V to the car's electrical system and that it wasn't dead, purely as a preliminary check.
Regardless, if you have an Audiovox wiring diagram and now the Ford diagrams, you have a chance of "undoing" the installation. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts