Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,anybody have any experience with wiring a power window control module for alarm system?this is for a 2005 focus zx3.module has like 8 wires just for switch and motor,and on all my car alarm install wiring guides there is only 2 wires for up and down activation.my question is do i use all these wires?any input is greatly welcomed.thank you.

·
Registered
549 Posts
power window modules are to be installed IN SERIES between the switch and the motor. they need to be in series because they monitor how much current is needed to move a motor in a particular direction. If an amount of current is over the limit (ie. the window being fully UP), the circuit breaker will trip and stop the motor from trying to move more (saving the motor from burning out). These modules work just like reverse polarity door locks... if you don't know about reverse polarity, put the window modules down... window motors are costly!

what alarm system do you have?

-john
SQF

·
Registered
549 Posts
not using those products. I have all four of my windows controlled by two DEI 530T window automation modules. At 'arm', they all roll up. with an auxiliary channel, I can vent all four windows, or have them roll all the way down.

if you find me the astra 600 and asian wolf install manuals i'll try to help you out.

-john
SQF

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you have allready helped me by letting me know the module goes between switch and motor,and i have done a lot of research on this.im not that green.i think i can handle it from here.thanks for the offer and the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.