Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basically my car got broken into on friday smashed the back window and were tying to steal my sub and amp (i think) i was wondering if any of you electronic geneous' no how to wire up an alarm and isit hard as ive seen them being sold on ebay for like 20quid and ive decided its time for me to invest in 1.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Honestly I don't really know but I would highly recommend staying away from ebay for something like that. But that is my opinion, so it's up to you.

·
Registered
889 Posts
ya i wouldnt get an ebay alarm either.. just wire a fake led kinda alarm simulator and thats it :) thats what i want to do... i think u can even get one walmart for $10 :)

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
^^^yea, I would just get a good top dollar alarm at like best buy or circuit city or and other car audio/video/security place. Python and viper are the two I highly recommend. They are expensive buy worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
but a rottweiler and let him loose in your car at night!!!

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
just tint the windows real dark so no one can see inside to see what u have. then get a few leds and stick in the headlights or tail lights so it looks like u have a top of the line alarm and only goes off if they break into it.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea the dark window tint doesn't attract attention at all...

just spend the extra cash and buy a good alarm. You will thank yourself later when some tries it again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol right.
1. i have a rottwierler.
2. i have tints.

the tint kept the window together when they smashed it and so they had 2 do it more than 1nce and my dog started barking this is NO LIE and they went off when they heard my dog. as they didnt get through the window 1st time (because of the tint) i think the tint helped nothing get stolen.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was thinking about a cobra alarm too?

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Really the only thing I see an alarm able to do is make loud sounds, and page/call you when the alarm is going off so you can run out to your car. And I suppose expensive alarms are able to do so from really far away.

To me, it's all about making it inconvenient for the person to steal our gear or car. If they REALLY want it, they'll get it, alarm or no alarm. Just make it take longer for them to get it so you can do something about it. There's nothing in the world that's going to stop a determined thief.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
^^^yea but that "loud noise" could wake a neighbor or any scare the thief. IMO it is worth it if you have expensive equipment in your car.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Oh indeed (Omar, lol). I clicked on that link someone put in and I'm digging that camera alarm. It sends you a photo right to you? That's fricken awesome (Carl, lol)!

And hey, you're in Wichita. We need to let you know next time we have a g2g or something and vise versa.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea dude for sure. I haven't been to one yet and would love too. I'm 17 so it all depends on school. But let me know whats up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts