Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone might offer any input on some sort of an alarm that beeps each time I shut the ignition off. The car's not alarmed but yet there's a red light that begins to flash next to the hazard button as this beeping noise goes off.
I was wondering if anyone might know if it serves a purpose and if not would anyone know how I might go about disengaging it.
I appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The flashing light is Ford's anti-theft system (SecuriLock)... It's not an alarm system.

Here's the info from the owners manual about it...

Theft Indicator

When the ignition is turned Start or ON, the Theft indicator (to the right of the hazard flasher switch) on the instrument panel will light for 3 seconds and then go out (indicates proper SecuriLock systems operation). If the key is in the ignition and the theft indicator stays on for an extended period of time, or flashes rapidly, have the system serviced by your dealership or a qualified technician.

As for the beep, give us some more info. Did you leave the lights on after turning off the ignition, or open the door?

Do you have the owners manual? If not, you can go to ford.com, then the owners site, register and then download the users manual in pdf format.

Or click this link https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/results.asp answer the drop down menu questions and you can download it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts