Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've searched the forum and haven't seen anyone with this problem yet. My wife's 2004 Ford Focus SE seems to get the "hiccups." At random intervals the ! light will come on, the car seems to miss the ! light goes off and the car runs fine. Called the dealership they said that light means a problem with the automatic transmission. Problem number 1; Car is a 5-speed manual. Problem number 2: No codes are showing up when taken in for service. Dealer and 3 different auto shop (including 2 shops specializing in fords) have never seen this issue and have no clue as to the problem. Last night while driving home we noticed that when the passenger side window was rolled up using the switch on the passenger side door the ABS light would come on. And at one point we had the ABS light, ! Light, Engine Light, and the Brake light all come on at the same time. Car didn't lose power and I still had throttle control. At the time we had our GPS plugged into the cigarette lighter on the dash. Once my wife pulled the plug from the cigarette lighter all the lights went out. I pulled the fuse for the cigarette lighter and didn't have any more problems for the rest of the trip. I checked all wiring from the cigarette lighter to the fuse block and can't find a visible ground/short. Has anyone else had this problem?
Danny

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Wow that sounds really odd. Have you tried plugging anything else in the cigarette lighter to see if it's just the GPS causing it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts