Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had an airbag warning light come on (amongst other faults) and took it to the dealer, they sorted out most of the issues, but said the side impact airbag needs replacing and that if one of them isnt working, none of them will.

Is that true?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'd go for a 2nd opinion but if true, I wouldn't play around with a defective airbag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i spoke to my insurers and they said it wouldnt affect my insurance as long as I get it fixed by the next MOT(am a UK driver not sure what the regulations are elsewhere), it just feels like the dealers are trying to get me to do stuff I dont need to straight away. Can the airbag itself be faulty or is it just sensors etc...please excuse my ignorance on this

·
Registered
16,191 Posts
Pretty much ANYTHING that brings error to airbags makes them possibly not deploy, at least that's the way it has been in past. They only want system working at 100% because not doing so opens up liability issues. Part going off while others don't, that type of thing, it can lead to injury just from that alone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My airbag light is on, and as far as a can tell it is a rusty connection in the steering wheel. It only comes on sometimes, and I need to take it to be fixed. Anything with airbags it is better safe than sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts