Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all!new here and after doing alot of researching i have yet to find a fix to my airbag light situation.it also seems like there is alot of reasons the lights stay on and was hoping to maybe get steered in the direction i may need to look.i have a 2008 ford focus se. i just got it back together and driving today after replacing the front clip.it was in an accident although no airbags were deployed.however the airbag light in the dash stays on when the car is running.it dont blink a code or anything.i took it up and tried to read for a code and it read a P060A which is a "Internal Control Module Monitoring Processor Performance".whatever that means as the guys at Napa did not know either.there is a second issue ...the drivers side airbag stays off all the time.i looked under seat for a wire pulled or anything,but no all looks good.i am very new at diagnosing airbag issues so any help from you guys is greatly appreciated!thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
OK, just to confirm, the CEL is not on correct?

I ask as the P060A error is related to the vehicles ECM module (from what i gathered, could very well be wrong). It is worth mentioning that many part store scanners cant access the SRS system codes (likewise for ABS), only engine codes (Though this does depend on the part store).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok...what is a CEL?the parts store scanner is older it might not access codes in the airbags but i dont know.i would not mind throwing a few hundred at a decent scanner as i work on wrecked cars.any suggestions?

·
Registered
17,340 Posts
(C)heck (E)ngine (L)ight............

·
Registered
521 Posts
The scanner at NAPA was not reading an airbag code. Those are Ford-specific starting with the letter B, and you need a more specialized scanner than the one they have at NAPA. If you want, buy a universal USB to OBD cable and download this free program, which reads Ford codes on a regular old computer: http://forscan.org/

Toby

·
Registered
521 Posts
The code with the P is a powertrain code. I don't know if or to what extent that code and the airbag light could have a common cause. You'll need someone with a professional grade scanner. Call around to local shops and ask if they can read Ford airbag codes, then shop by price. If you're nice, some guys will just read it for free. That's probably not a scanner you'll buy yourself.

Toby

1 - 8 of 8 Posts