Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, So Airbag and seatbelt lamps stay on continuous. I pulled DTC B1869: Airbag warning indicator failure. I've cleaned all the connections under the seats, control module and clock spring with no success. I'd like to do a pin to pin test with my meter, but not sure where to start? With the seatbelt light staying lite I first started doing resistance checks on the seats. I'm a little confused because the driver seat track, pretension and passaeger pretension and weight indicator gave me a quick high resistance then OL on my meter. I tested some pull a part yard seats and got the same readings so I figure they are good, but would have thought I would have gotten a normal low resistance reading 0.2 ohm or something.

·
Registered
15,428 Posts
You DO know that you can possibly detonate the airbag if you use the meter just wrong right? You must be absolutely sure just exactly what you are checking there or severe injury or even death can lie there. You also need the battery unhooked while doing that work.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hi everyone, So Airbag and seatbelt lamps stay on continuous. I pulled DTC B1869: Airbag warning indicator failure. I've cleaned all the connections under the seats, control module and clock spring with no success. I'd like to do a pin to pin test with my meter, but not sure where to start? With the seatbelt light staying lite I first started doing resistance checks on the seats. I'm a little confused because the driver seat track, pretension and passaeger pretension and weight indicator gave me a quick high resistance then OL on my meter. I tested some pull a part yard seats and got the same readings so I figure they are good, but would have thought I would have gotten a normal low resistance reading 0.2 ohm or something.
OK I give up: what year/model are we talking about?

Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts