Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has a zx5 that has an airbag light and battery light on. I have been reading and it appears that the clockspring may be the culprit for the airbag. The alt. and the battery were checked out good. I have a limited amount of time to mess with the car do to the distance between our homes. I am wanting to know if the clockspring could cause the battery light to come on also?

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Unlikely. Did both warning lights come on at the same time?

In the engine compartment fuse box, check fuse 10 (1A) - battery voltage sensor. If the fuse is good, you likely still have a problem with the charging system - battery, alt or wiring/wiring connectors - despite the component tests.

The airbag system light indicates a fault with the system and usually flashes a code sequence before staying solid. Clock spring failures are a common cause but the code would give more clues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bag light never flashes just stays solid. The battery light has a faded flicker to it. When I can get the car for awhile I'll have to see if i can find a loose wire.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Typically problems on this site with the charging system have to do with loose or corroded terminals, but there are times when the battery sensing wire can become damaged or loose at the alternator connector. You might try checking the plug-in connector to the alternator to be sure that all the wires are secure in the connector, and then trace it back from there to see if you see any damage to the wiring harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts