Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger air vent rattles a good amount on fairly rough roads. This drives me crazy. One day when I was in a great mood, I gave it a "love tap" to make it stop, and somehow it ended up coming apart and half falling into the dash [rolleyes] THe dealer reinstalled it under warranty, but it still rattles.

Am I the only one with this problem? [???:)]

Also, would this be something to take to the dealer under warranty? I don't know how they might respond when I tell them "my air vent rattles" [confused]

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
mine does it too, got a 2006 here, so same as yours. My love tap was more like a knockout blow of love. Knocked it into the dash, and cracked the radio surround (the center vent is the one that rattles on my car)

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Hate to say it, it must only be the new dash. My 2003 is as quiet as a mouse...Maybe try mounting a little dum-dum at the mounting pins.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
harumph, more new dash haters.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
babyface said:
harumph, more new dash haters.
Yeah, but what would the world be with out jealousy?

Well, Im glad im not the only who's punched the vent into the dash.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Yeah, but at least my dash is quiet. [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] tongue firmly sticking out [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

Seriously, is it vibrating where the pin holds it, or the whole thing?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i'm not sure what this "pass. air vent" is? someone care to explain more or post a pic please?

Something rattles in my car too ('06) but I can't pinpoint it.

I also have problem with the back shelf rattle (hatchback). anyoone got a soluton for this? I tried putting a telephone book on it, but it obscured my view and plus it flies when I steer tight. I don't know if it's exactly that, but I'm pretty sure.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
ahh ok, I get the idea. thanks. i don't think mine is coming from that direction. I don't touch those things at all nor have a reason. How the manufacturer placed them, they are like that..[:D]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Whoa...I have the same problem. well actually...it seems like everything in my car is starting to squeak and rattle. It drives me insane...oh....and i don't have a new one. Mine I have an 02'

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
hehe...what city?

back on topic;
anyone got any ideas how to stop the shelf rattle?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
ahhh, I think it's actually called the "panel", but I call it shelf.

it's this thing.

all hatchbacks have it. covers the trunk so it can't be seen from the outside.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
is it resting flush with its little mounting thingys

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i've tried moving it, it's solid as rock, but when I drive something rattles...

OT: don't meant to steal your thread Bubba. go ahead and help him first...[:)]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts