Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the air vents from the mk3 can be put into the mk 3.5? The 12-14 foci had a chrome piece in the middle of the air flow adjuster, but the 15+ is solid black and cheap looking. I believe they are the same design but maybe just decontented? I'd like to add a little contrast to that sea of black plastic on the dash in my 15.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's doable. I have a mix of MK3 and Mk3.5 vents. I swapped the 3 blades with the middle chrome piece for my center vents.

If you change the whole driver side assembly to a MK3 one, you will also need to get the right surround trim piece for the headlight switch. These are not the same.

I also installed the titanium model painted shifter surround. Looks much better than the drab unpainted plastic one.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like that look, how did you remove the side vents? I tried pulling them from a junkyard car and they broke apart. Is that a gloss carbon fiber overlay around your center shifter area?

·
Registered
30 Posts
For the side vents. Open the door and you'll see a plastic triangular trim cover on the side of the dashboard. Pry open the cover. There's (1) screw holding the vent in. Unscrew that and you can pop out the vent from the front.

I will warn you that when you look at the side view mirror you will see the chrome trim reflecting on the glass. Doesn't bother me though.

The shifter surround is available on the titanium trim. It's a harder plastic, not that soft, flexible feeling one like the standard trim. It's a glossy dark grey metallic finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts