Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
pretty much a waste, the ECU will notice it and make the corrections after awhile anyway, or so i hear

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Stay away from any of those products on ebay that state hugh HP gains of +20HP for under a $100.
It ain't gonna happen.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
i got one for my 95 mustang and it destroied the computer and i had to trade it in on the focus so i guess they are not all bad......

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
llama_in_a_focus said:
i got one for my 95 mustang and it destroied the computer and i had to trade it in on the focus so i guess they are not all bad......
Is "destroied the computer " a good thing ?
[confused]

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yeah... stay away from those... just like those 35 dollar spark plugs that claim 10hp or those $8 headlight bulbs that have "the appearance of HID" and come in those packages with more japanese words than english words on them.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
it was good cause i got a used focus to replace it.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
yeah i dont reccomend buying anything w/ another language other than german or english on it for my car, well not just on it, but like allover it, you know like the products w/ japanese writing on them, and they are made in mexico or china

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
.50 cents at Radio Shack but only .02 cents at your local electronics store.
Those guys on ebay are making almost pure profit when they sell one of those resistors to some unfortunate sucker...[8]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
People are actually BUYING those things???
If your buying something that claims +20 hp for $9 (or somewhere around there) you need your head examined.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
the one i bought was from a company called vortek, i thought it was vortec. the colors were all white and blue and the font was all the same and everything. it was supposed to be a new chip that they were testing and there were supposed to be 2 more stages of chips coming soon. it didn't sound like all the others.

·
Registered
523 Posts
lol...sry...that was funny

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
llama_in_a_focus said:
the one i bought was from a company called vortek, i thought it was vortec. the colors were all white and blue and the font was all the same and everything. it was supposed to be a new chip that they were testing and there were supposed to be 2 more stages of chips coming soon. it didn't sound like all the others.
So....did U get +20HP out of the Vortek ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts