Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i've got a 2008 focus with the 2.0l duartec engine with 4spd o/d auto trans, i'm looking to upgrade my air intake, is the short ram or cold air intake a better route and can anyone suggest a good kit for around 150-200 dollars, that i wont spend all week installing or have to modify half the car to install, basically a good drop in kit, even tho i'm a good mechanic, i dont like doing heavy modifacations to a brand new kit and risk screwing it up compelety

thanks

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
Yeah I would recommend the steeda as well. The final outcome is awesome, but be prepared for some fitment issues because that filter is tight up against the frame of the car. Other than that it is simple to install and sounds/works great. Oh and dont cut yourself on the metal heat shielding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, thanks guys, is it an online order? or can i special order it from a parts store, the only thing in town is autozone :( so is there a website?

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
Mike at Hilbish Ford can get you a better price than Steeda. You can PM him for a price quote. His handle is b16sir1991.

Or you can call him at 800-849-0233, ask for parts, and then ask for Mike. If he's in, tell him you're from Focus Fanatics, and he will give you the FF discount.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Also, Focus Sport will be releasing their CAI after the SEMA show this year - or so that is what they replied with when I sent an inquiry email last week.

·
Registered
418 Posts
*looks at the stickies section*
*looks at the search button*
*wonders why the "New Thread" button is clickable without the previous two steps*

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
big fan of the steeda, but if you live in somewhere where there isnt a bunch of snow or rain, then grab up the fs cai.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
*wonders why the "New Thread" button is clickable without the previous two steps*
wow...so true, so true. should be a sep. section just for intake questions.

anyways, wait for the FS cai. unless you have a serious issue with hydrolock in your area (which you can avoid anyway by not doing something dumb like fording a river), a cai is bar none the better option. better for stoichiometry, the MAF sensor, power, and no heatsoak issues.

if you cannot wait, and MUST get a new intake right now, then do as previously told, and contact mike at hilbish.

that should be a blanket statement. if you want steeda stuff, go to mike at hilbish.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
I got FS CAI in the P.N.W. and I [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g love the [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g thing.....[:)][:)][:)][:)] ya!

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
if it wern't for people asking this stuff here you'd prolly only have 60 post insted of 180....lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts