Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Focus ZTW
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install a new (non lifetime air cleaner) air intake system and was looking at AEM, BUT the last item on the install is to drill 1/2" holes in the existing air box with the disclaimer that I would need to return to the stock system during bad (wet) weather. I live in northern Michigan ... need I say more? I have a 04 Focus ZTW with the 2.3L ..... any other vendors to suggest? I'd like a short intake system if possible.

Thanks![:)]

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Moved to Duratec Performance Chat which is the proper forum for asking questions about modifying your engine.

The simplest method is to remove the factory air cleaner and put a multi-fit cone filter on the end of the MAF tube. I ran that for years myself. If you put 2 polyester panty hose loosely over the cone filter, that will prevent water spray from being sucked into the engine.

The guys in here will be able to help you more.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Try Steeda.

·
Registered
2004 Focus ZTW
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
filter on end of MAS tube?

so ... I can install a cone filter at the end of the Mass Airflow Sensor tube? What cone filter will fit? Any suggestions invited.

thanks[driving]

·
Registered
716 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well you get what you pay for(=
LoL - I'm guessing you paid top dollar for your CAI, so you'll say that our custom jobs are inferior.... but you're wrong, they aren't. My SRI is just as good as any other out there, I'd put money it. There's nothing a Steeda can offer that my custom doesn't. I could easily fab a custom heat shield if I had access to a garage, but that's about all the extra I would get for paying $250+ for a Steeda SRI. I haven't had any issues with mine, at all, none. If done right, it'll work great.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Actually that's not what i was referring to. i have the fswerks cai which yields better gains due to the filter being in the lower portion of the bumper(= and before anyone yells water suckage show me proof of someone getting damage while having the engine water shield still in tact and and not being in 2 feet of water(=

1 - 10 of 10 Posts