Votes: 7 5.0%
  • INJEN

Votes: 3 2.2%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a while now on the best air intake to buy, now I know I want to go cold air, but I would go for a short intake if it had good performance outcomes. I would also like to stay under the $300 limit, so answer the poll and let me know of any suggestions or hints! Thank you Guys!!

Engine Specs- 2.0 L4

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
you havent searched enough. this subject is beat to death, resurrected, and then beat down again more times than any other topic. but if you want QUALITY cold air, without locating the filter in the fender, go with the volant. but if you dont mind it being down there, go with AEM. if you put your filter down that close to the ground, you should fabricat a splash shield to go with it. also a bypass valve isnt a bad idea either. you just have to watch out for deep water. you can prolly find both these intakes in the For Sale furoms once in a while. keep looking there, and on EBAY for good deals. and btw, i didnt vote. only cuz i dont have experience with non-svt intakes.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i'd say steeda , but i've hydrolocked my engine so i'm biased. plus i dont think they make a sri for the zetec. at least not a steeda one.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Make some calls and do some searches for a CCA or CCAI - Complete Cold Air Intake.
these feature a convertible intake for cold air, or short ram when its a little moist out.

admittedly I've yet to find one for the focus, let alone SVT focus, however I've been contacting manufacturers about it.

in the meantime, if you find something, by all means let us know where to find them =p

-Paul

·
Registered
958 Posts
the volant is a good intake that has all the positives of a cai, but has none of the drawbacks (eg: hydrolock)...but i would recommend going w the pipercross on the basis that i've heard the volants have fitment issues w other performance parts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ditto on the pipercross, however it needs some slight modifications if you want to run it along the battery box and down behind the fog lights.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Volant = NO strut bar capability because of the box in the way

·
Registered
53 Posts
where's the WEAPON-R at? lol

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
HaveBlue83 said:
I have a Volant and a strut bar...and I've seen other Foci equipped with both. You just have to play with the airbox for a minute to get it to sit right.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
how many "air intake polls" are there going to be?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
HaveBlue83 said:
Mine worked just fine. It was tight but it fit[thumb]

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The way i see it is, they all are cold air intakes right? except the volant (it is slightly different). they all will route the same way to the ground. pick a good price is what I say. As far as brands go i have had AEM intake, and MAC longtube Headers before, and both are great quality. and I know numerous people with Injen Parts, and have no complaints. bottom line, if they are all cold air intakes, essentially, all they are is metal pipes with a filter. except the volant.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
my argument is, what does a full AEM CAI do that a Full Injen CAI doesnt? people buy what the most popular brand is..if there is no difference in design, what does the brand matter? just my .02

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
what is so great about the Volant, i always hear its the best out there. why is this?

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
It gives you the benefit of a cold-air intake without the risks of hydrolock or the effects of your filter getting soaked every time you're out driving in the rain, or drawing dirty water past the filter and into the "clean" intake system. It basically works like the stock intake system...the snorkle feeds cold air to an airbox which isolates the filter from the rest of the engine compartment. The difference is, the Volant uses a cone filter which flows better than a panel filter.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts