Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just added air intake to my focus and now my check engine light is on. I think it's because i had to unplug the wires that connected to the bottom of stock air filter container and now that it's out there is no where to plug them into now.. also gas pedal is sticking. i don't think this is a really big deal but its never done this bfore... and third when i do a rolling launch it takes a long time to shitft into second. If anyone has ANY information please respond. thanks!

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Are you talking about the MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) which is the black tube with the sensor in it that the stock intake tube goes into before the air box? you HAVE to keep the MAF as part of the intake! What intake did you buy? What engine/focus model do you have?

Also when you install an intake, you have to do an ECU reset (unplug the negative battery terminal for 10-20 minutes or so to reset the computer so it can 'learn' about your new intake).

·
Registered
114 Posts
i just installed an CAI and am not having problems. I did have the gas pedal sticking before that time and found out i needed a new throttle body. After that the sticking stopped

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
blackfocussedan said:
i just added air intake to my focus and now my check engine light is on. I think it's because i had to unplug the wires that connected to the bottom of stock air filter container and now that it's out there is no where to plug them into now.. also gas pedal is sticking. i don't think this is a really big deal but its never done this bfore... and third when i do a rolling launch it takes a long time to shitft into second. If anyone has ANY information please respond. thanks!
Wires to the bottom of the stock filter ?

I don't know what kind of car you have but the Focus has it's MAF harnest on top next to the air filter box.

Anyway, when installing any aftermarket intake system/filter, you should retain all your stock electronics(wiring harnest) when installing the after market intake UNLESS you get a special tune to somehow compensate for new electronics.
The electronics/MAF is required to measure airflow to regulate fuel at certain rpms.
With out it, your car will idle/run funny.

What's the code from the CEL.

Also, are you sure the gas pedal is actually sticking or is the car just idling high ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts