Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I got an off road header for my car which got rid of the cat. Doing this set my car into default mode causing my car to run rich...What should i do about this. Im gonna get an O2 cheater and was trying to decided on a air fuel module i should get if i really need one. Any suggesetions?[confused]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
forget the air fuel module, just get the o2 cheater...the car will be fine and won't be even close to a dangerous level.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I have had my FC race header and o2 cheater for over a year, no problem.

Skip the cat, you won't pass visual inspection and with a race header your just killin any gain from it.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
no cat = more hp and more torque. a race header might be the bolt on to chane ur power curve the most drastically. torque moves lower and in bigger #. get some good peaks in HP. its a good mod.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I agree good mod, but what about every 4 years when you have to test, I mean comon do you really want to be ripping apart your exahsut system all the time = /

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Yea what a pain in the ass, 2 hours work every 4 years, oh my how have we gotten by.

Some of us don't mind working on our cars, in fact some of us do it alot.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I dont really mind...I kind of like it when stuff goes wrong gives me something to do...But I havent had any problems yet so I've been pretty bored.

·
Registered
793 Posts
im with focal on this one 2hrs every 2yrs for me,its not that bad when talking about the power u get from the mods

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the aerocharger turbo system and it included the cat in with the system. I guess for CARB50 exemption, i dont know. would it be better to take the cat off? i already have a header. what kind of HP gains could i expect from that? (guess what? i live here in Mississippi. No cat checks, no checks at all. lol our state isnt that advanced yet) where can i get the o2 cheater?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
What do you have for fuel managemaent with the aerocharger setup? How much boost are you running and how much power does it make?

Folks have used race headers and shorty/cat eliminator combos before with good result. You must understand though that the aerochargers turbo will only support a certain amount of power, I think 220 whp is the max.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts