Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is an air fuel gauge going to do me any good with a dry nitrous kit? It sounds good in theory but will it really warn me if my car starts to lean out? A friend of mine had one and it just struck me as a glorified motion sensor.

Also does Zex make jets for less than a 55 shot. That seems a little harsh to start out with.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
An AFR guage is useless unless you buy a wideband setup, the run of the mill narrowband gauges are just a light show.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that makes sense, thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
What is a good wideband gauge to go with?

I do not have a real need for it now but am looking to get one for the future and I dont want the crazy light show my friend has in his car.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
I love my AEM UEGO wideband. Gets the job done and looks great doing it. [8D]

·
Registered
33 Posts
I 2nd the AEM UEGO....I love mine and dont know how I lived with out it before...

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I'm running the FJO wideband setup.... its a little pricey, but its the most accurate one on the market.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I 3rd the motion for the AEM UEGO, I LOVE the gauge, it does a great job, easy install. Comes ith everything needed. The FJO is VERY good also, Depends on what you like the look of, and which one u want.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i would never think that the guage would cost so much the aem cost like 250 and the other mentioned is like 300

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
When I tuned cars I used an LM-1 and it worked very well.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
svtguy21 said:
i would never think that the guage would cost so much the aem cost like 250 and the other mentioned is like 300
The FJO setup is closer to $700

BUT it is accurate to .01 AFR instead of the normal .1 AFR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts