Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what wire I tap into for the signal wire? I have been searching for days and haven't been able to really find anything. Any info would be great!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I believe our information center has a A/F gauge if you get into the info side. I belive you hold info and start the car

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How the 09 doesnt have a o2 that is used for wot fueling , that didnt start till 2012

Tom
You are wrong it does work I finally figured out what wire it was. Granted the gauge doesn't do anything but it is only temporary.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I think you hold info before starting the car. It will give you mph/kph in digital and volts and all that. I used to do it all the time before I got wheels and had the light come on

·
FF Affiliate
31,175 Posts
There is a a/f gauge in the information center on the 08-11s
I would like to know how sense it doesnt use the front o2 sensor for WOT fuel , and the ECU has no way to change from lambda to A/F

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
31,175 Posts
You are wrong it does work I finally figured out what wire it was. Granted the gauge doesn't do anything but it is only temporary.
What am I wrong about ? can you answer my first question then we can go on to answer your first question

The AF gauge your installing does it wire into the front o2 sensor or your installing a new wide band o2 sensor with the gauge ?

Tom

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have just a basic narrowband air/fuel that wires into the O2 sensor. Granted it won't do much. When I get my turbo kit then I will go with a wideband. Makes no sense to have a wideband on a N/A car

·
FF Affiliate
31,175 Posts
I have just a basic narrowband air/fuel that wires into the O2 sensor. Granted it won't do much. When I get my turbo kit then I will go with a wideband. Makes no sense to have a wideband on a N/A car
The narrow band that connects to the front o2 is a worthless toy that DOES NOT show you the Air Fuel at wide open throttle , what is shows is the targeted air fuel the ECU was told to do , the actual Air Fuel could be super rich or super lean and you wouldnt know it because the front o2 is NOT used for WOT fueling

It makes perfect sense to have a wide band air fuel gauge in NA if you have added some mods

Send it back and save your money , its a total waste of time to install it as it will not work as a Air Fuel gauge

Tom

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know it won't show anything or really read anything but I have it laying around and thought might as well throw it in. I don't really care at this point what it does just want it to work. I just need to find that damn signal wire

To me it is a pain and not worth it to have a wideband. I would have to weld in a bung and all that stuff. I will just wait until I get the turbo kit it already has a spot on the down pipe for a wideband since once it is tuned it will disable the 2nd O2

1 - 20 of 28 Posts