Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue with the air flow selector in the 2007 Focus. This was not a problem in my first two Focus'

There are 5 main selections with varying points in between. The two Defroster selections are working as expected. However, the floor Vents, floor/instrument panel vents, and the instrument panel vents are not working as I would expect them to. Here is how to reproduce the issue using the preselected positions for aformentioned settings. Turn the fan on to maximum (for optimum air flow). Set the air flow selector to the floor vents. As expected, all the air flow is directed to the floor vents. Now turn the air flow selector to the floor/instrusment panel position. In this position, there is air flow to the floor vents but not to the instrument panel, which is not what I would expect. I would expect to have air flow equally between both the instrument panel vents and the floor vents. Next, turn the air flow selector to the instrument panel position. Again, as expected, the air flow is directed to the instructment panel. Turning the air flow selector back to the floor/instrument panel vents changes from the first time this setting was selected. Now, there is air flow to the instrument panel vents but none to the floor vents.

When I took my car in to my dealership to address this issue, we tried it with a 2007 Focus in the show room and it produced the same results as I indicated.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Does this only happen when you have the fan speed at maximum? I hvae seen some vehicles where if the fan is blowing at maximum, the air pressure stops the flap from moving to an intermediate position. The workaround was to simply turn down the fan speed when making the selector change.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did try and reduce the fan, even turned it off before making the changes to the air flow and it still does the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts