Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install a regular air filter. I have a 2010 Focus SES. There are 3 clips that I undid, but I cannot get the intake thing (I'm no car expert clearly) to pop up so I can replace the filter. What am I doing wrong? Surely somebody smarter than me can answer! Thanks :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install a regular air filter. I have a 2010 Focus SES. There are 3 clips that I undid, but I cannot get the intake thing (I'm no car expert clearly) to pop up so I can replace the filter. What am I doing wrong? Surely somebody smarter than me can answer! Thanks :)
I have a 2011 SES and just had it off. There are 2 plastic tabs that slide into the bottom of the intake. When you are pulling up on the top pull away from the corner that does not have any clips. That is where the tabs lock into the bottom. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have pulled an tugged every direction. I just don't get it...

Every time I get my oil changed they show me my filter, so I don't know why I'm missing. Do I have to do anything other than unclasp those three metal clasps? Thanks again.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have pulled an tugged every direction. I just don't get it...

Every time I get my oil changed they show me my filter, so I don't know why I'm missing. Do I have to do anything other than unclasp those three metal clasps? Thanks again.

Yes like I told you in the other post that there are plastic tabs that are part of the airbox top section. They lock into the base at a slight angle. Once you release the 3 metal clasps you can see where those tabs lock into the bottom. If I can find an illustration I will post it up. The top will not come off or up unless you unlock those plastic tabs into the bottom half. Look for those tabs. They are on the only side that does not attach by a metal clasp. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what I'm looking at:

I think those are the two tabs you are referring to (circled in black). I've tried to slide, push, and tug but am making zero progress. Am I missing something more?
Thanks!

·
Registered
296 Posts
This is what I'm looking at:

I think those are the two tabs you are referring to (circled in black). I've tried to slide, push, and tug but am making zero progress. Am I missing something more?
Thanks!
Yes those are the tabs I am talking about. They lock in at a slight angle. Where you have them circled just slide to the left along the cover edge and they should release. Its only plastic so they should not be locked in there real hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts